Alaskan Cruise Recap


The Global Leadership Cruise happens every two years and you can attend in one of two ways. They sell tickets to Young Living members about 9 months beforehand (and they sell out in a couple hours). You can also win a spot for two on the ship! When I unexpectedly won two spots in 2017 for a cruise to Belize and Honduras, I was thrilled and had the time of my life! I took my friend and teammate, Vanessa, and the experience was like nothing before. Young Living is such a generous company and is in every detail of their events, and I knew I had to go for it this time around!

The qualifications were released in the summer of 2018 and I set up a game plan! I have the most amazing team on the planet, and quite honestly, I didn’t feel I belong on that cruise but THEY ALL DID! When I get to the top with some extra cash flow, a team cruise is on!!

We left out of Seattle, and I went up to Portland about 5 days early to host a couple events with a team leader. Then my boyfriend, Kody, met me in Seattle on June 5th where we stayed in a hostel (I’m cheap y’all)! Our roommate was headed to sail the Bering Sea to process fish for 100 days and left out of the same port as us.

We had fun in Seattle and played tourists - Space Needle, Kerry Park, Queen Ann Neighborhood, Ballard Street, and even Top Pot Doughnuts on National Donut Day. Come Thursday, we were ready for a week away with no agenda! I didn’t even purchase an internet package. It was glorious!


We lucked out and were on the ship, Ovation of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), within 30 minutes flat. As soon as we got on we headed to the dining room, or the Windjammer Lounge. The buffet was massive at every meal and offered healthy options, gluten free, and even halal. My favorite part was the dessert table. Ha! They actually weren’t amazing, but good enough for me! The oatmeal coconut lace cookies - yum!

Our room was ready at 1 pm where we got our Sea Pass too. We met our state room attendant, Iwayan, and sorted through the Young Living swag on our beds. Backpack, gray hooded jacket, scarf, beanie, Thieves Roller and a pop socket. We enjoyed the view of downtown Seattle from our balcony, and I think at that point Kody laid down for a nap. I put my swimsuit on and headed for the adult-only lounge, the Solarium, where I relaxed in the hot tub. It was one place you could find me often the next week!


We took off around 6 pm and had a send-off party with free-flowing Ningxia Red on the pool deck. I went for a couple minutes then met Kody. We ate dinner at one of the restaurants (there were four all with different themes but the same menu). For the most part I ordered seafood or chicken each night with a soup or salad as my appetizer and something yummy for dessert. After dinner we watched a comedian in the Royal Theater who was actually pretty funny! We were spent, so headed to get some shut-eye.

I’m not going to take you moment by moment anymore, but will give you some highlights. Day 2 we were at sea and I played Bingo in the early afternoon (no B-I-N-G-O for me), but it was fun! I worked out in the gym - great views! Typically after lunch we would nap for a little bit and then go find a venue to play cards in or trivia. The 2nd night we went to one of the bars for trivia then had dinner. We also played some blackjack in the casino where I would go each night for a little gambling fun. The dealers were great! I loved Lawrence from London.


Day 3 we were in Juneau, and sadly there was a miscommunication with our excursion company and we were told our canoe trip was cancelled. So we bought tram tickets and rode up and hiked. Breathtaking views! Top 5 most beautiful sites for me! We met a guy who sold us an excursion in the next town, Skagway, and he recommended the Twisted Fish for lunch. It was delicious! Salmon spread with pita and fish tacos. We shopped and bought some fun things (Christmas ornament, shirts, gifts for our nieces), then headed back to the ship to rest. Dinner and the movie Skyscraper in the Royal Theater followed.


Day 4 we were in Skagway, Alaska where we met a tour bus and drove up through British Columbia to the Yukon Territory in Canada. We stopped for photos every 30 minutes or so. It was gorgeous! Snow capped mountains still and some sheep. Once we finished we were starving and didn’t want to pay for lunch, so rushed back to the ship to eat before lunch closed at 3. Again, we rested, got in the heated pool, showered, had dinner and went to the casino.


Day 5 and 6 we were at sea. Day 5 we were invited to a Glacier Gazing Party in the Solarium (this was for Tier 1 and Tier 2 trip winners). The Endicott Dawes Glacier was not what I expected but it was beautiful! The views from anywhere on the ship were glorious, I was in awe at the majesty of God!I worked out Day 5 and attended a seminar in the gym on Metabolism, and then we did the iFly experience. We put on blue jump suits and had a short training. There was a huge wind tunnel that blows so strong that it just lifts you up. It was a little uncomfortable for my shoulders, but super cool! It was formal night, so we got all fancy! Gin, dinner, and the casino followed. :)


Day 6 was nice to have no agenda and eat, rest, play cards, casino, etc.

On Day 7, I woke up early and had signed up for the TRX training in the gym. Royal Crown Diamond Debra Rayburn was in my class. Super fun! And I was so sweaty and sore the next day! We docked at Victoria at noon. Such a cute town! It has a lot of European influence with the Empress Hotel and its high tea, and the Parliament Building. Gorgeous! We had coffee at the Empress Hotel and walked around the hotel and to a couple shops. We stopped for pics at the Parliament Building, and then felt like heading back to the ship since it was our last night! We had a nice dinner in the “Chic” restaurant. I was very impressed with the Ovation of the Seas staff. The waitstaff was phenomenal and so friendly. They were overly concerned with Kody’s food allergies!


I played Roulette for the last time and won $35. Overall I think I broke even. I loved the casino LOL! We had to have our suitcases packed by 10 pm. The ship had a luggage valet service that took the bags to the airport and onto our plane. So incredible! When we got to Seattle on Friday 6/14, we did not have to worry about luggage. We took a Lyft to Pike’s Place and hung out at a coffee shop where I worked for a couple hours. Then we just headed to the airport until we left at 5:30 pm.


This cruise was incredible! The little details everywhere felt so special. YL branded the elevators, all the napkins on the ship, and even put Thieves hand sanitizer all around. I feel so lucky to be a part of such an amazing organization. It’s truly a blessing. What a ride the last 5 years have been!